Sunday, November 2, 2014

The Big Move: From Providence to Denison

It has been non stop for quite sometime around here! This past August, we decided it was finally time to seriously start looking (I have been looking for awhile now) to buy a house. Although we loved our first home, we had simply outgrown it. After all, we had six years of great memories to take with us. Some that come to mind: Ryan proposing to me after a nice dinner he made me in our kitchen, getting our first dog Wells, getting married, finding out we would be parents for the first time, bring Nolan home, bringing Nora home...just to name a few!

We started looking for a new house while we were getting ours ready to put on the market. I now know that it's a lot of work to put a house on the market while trying to be organized for the move to your new house. Great friends of ours offered their basement to us after they found out we had packed up half of our house to take to a storage unit until it sold. Lucky for them, it wasn't there for too long! We sold our house in a day! Yeah!!! All of the hard work had paid off. I felt sorry for our kids because a lot of our things were missing in the house and I wasn't sure they knew what was going on:( I knew that in order for the house to sell quickly, I had to "stage" the house so it would be appealing to potential home owners. The kids rooms were packed up and neutral bedding and accessories were put out among other things. We were so thankful we did not have to keep a house clean 24/7 for showings!
We sold our house just in time. The weekend before, we had put in an offer on our home we live in now and they accepted! We were excited but knew if we didn't sell our house, we would have two mortgages...guess you could say that everything happens for a reason!
Not the best picture but the guys were busy and I made them stop moving to document this moment. (Yes, I picked out our matching tshirts and my hubby is the best for wearing it. Made us feel like a team!) We were getting the last load out and my cleaning was done! It's a good thing the kids were with my parents taking a nap or I probably would have cried! Bye Bye 30 Providence Lane!

I do not have a picture of our moving crew because there wasn't a free moment to spare! There was a lot to get done in a short amount of time. We closed on oir old house in thr morning and a half an hour later, closed on the new house. We had to be out by five o'clock that night (October 7th).

My Aunt and Grandma helped load the kitchen and bedrooms on Saturday. Sunday and Monday night were spent taking stuff over to the new house but could only put them in the garage until we got the keys on Tuesday. By Monday night, our parents, grandparents and friends had moved everything out of our house except the blankets and pillows we slept on in the living room for our last night sleep over:) A big thanks to everyone who helped, couldn't have done it without ya!

 Front of the new house


Backyard & Patio


Side yard and garage

Street view. Wish I would have taken the picture sooner, our red tree in front disappeared overnight!

Backyard and side yard...it's a lot smaller than our old yard but still nice...Washington park is only blocks away too.

Side yard

Side yard


No comments:

Post a Comment