Saturday, May 28, 2016

Clare Marie Davlin is here! 12.30.15

Our sweet Clare Marie was born at 4:10pm on  December 30th, 2015...right before we rang in the new year! Daddy liked the tax break we got and thinks she will be a CPA when she grows up!

I had a doctor's appointment with Dr. Brown in the morning and knew there was a 50/50 chance I would be induced due to my high blood pressure. I was told to take it easy at home so my blood pressure would stay low (easier said than done).  Dr. Brown thought it was best to go to the hospital and be induced which worked great for us because Ryan would have more time at home with the holiday weekend. We got there sometime after noon that day. After getting settled in, Ryan put our list of girl names on the white board so we could start marking some off and come up with a name! In true Ryan fashion, he kept me entertained as we waited to meet baby #3, keeping a "pain chart" as well on the board.

 I kept debating whether or not to get an epidural (shocking) and finally decided to. I thought I should have been progressing further along and thought I could be here for awhile. (Little did we know, I didn't have much further to go!) I got an epidural sometime after 3pm. The epidural did not work...again! Right after everyone left and Ryan came back in, I told them that I thought the baby was coming. They kind of looked at me is disbelief and they had to call everyone back in! I asked if it was too late to call Dr. Brown? I absolutely love her and wanted to her deliver the baby. She was unable to deliver our other two and said that she was available until 4pm. It was 3:55pm! The nurse said she would try her. If anyone would have known that Clare was born just 15 minutes later, we would have called sooner! Dr. Brown got to see Clare (who still did not have a name) right after she was born! 

I could not have asked for a quicker delivery. So thankful and blessed everything went well!



Clare Marie was decided! Finally! Clare comes from the Clare County in Ireland and Marie is my middle name. We absolutely loved it and couldn't understand why we haven't thought of it before?!


We stayed one night at the hospital. It was somewhat relaxing compared to my usual day at home...the only thing to do was to hold Clare...which I did a lot of!




Leaving the hospital on New Year's Eve.


Our first selfie after we came home:) Ryan dropped Clare and I off at home and then went to my parent's house to pick up the older kids. They were having a New Year's Eve party so they stayed awhile to give me a little time at home.


Gotta have a "sleeping Dad pic!"

Proud siblings 


Taking some pictures while waiting to leave. Alla three kids went home in this outfit :)

First picture as a family of five!



No comments:

Post a Comment