Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Happy Easter

Easter this year had beautiful weather, good family times and too much candy for the kids (that last part I tried to control but they kept finding candy every place we went=sugar high for the day!)

We decided to go to the later mass so we wouldn't be rushed and could enjoy the morning. The Easter Bunny came and the kids were so excited to find the eggs he hid!



I even had time before mass to get a few pictures... but they wouldn't sit by each other:( I should have know this was a sign mass wouldn't go well. Usually our kids do better first thing at 8:30am mass because 10:30am is too close to lunch time. We knew it would be crowded and didn't want to get there too early because they wouldn't last long. When we got to church it was full:( I had the bright idea to go to the cry room/chapel that no one ever seems to use. Turns out, not such a good idea but we did get a seat. I'm not sure if the kids knew it was not in our routine to go to mass in there but they wouldn't sit and Nolan started taking his clothes off because it was too hot in there. We gave it a few minutes but decided it was best for everyone if we just left:( 
The good news was, Ryan's aunt and uncle live across the street so we got to visit with them (we usually do not get togther on Easter with that side) and wish them a happy easter before heading to my parent's house. 



Easter egg hunt at MoMo and BoBo's house. The kids participated in four that day!




After my parent's house, we decided to forego naps before we went to the next place. I was tired and needed a Starbucks so we got some coffee and looked back at both kids and realized they were asleep! I dropped Ryan off at his cousin's house and I drove around for a bit before parking at Washington park to work on my blog while enjoying my coffee:) Weird thing to do on Easter but the kids needed a nap. When they woke up, we met up with Ryan and enjoyed another hunt and some kite flying! Beautiful day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment