Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Straying away from our "schedule" on a beautiful fall day!

It was just one of those days where everyone was in a good mood (at the same time) and the fall air made you want to get out and enjoy yourself...and that's exactly what we did!



As a Mom, I have always tried to remember that the days go by so quickly and my little ones will no longer be so little. I will not be able to stop what I'm doing on a nice day and take them to the park and go somewhere special for a treat "just because." They will have school schedules and activities to participate in. I never want to wish time away. I want to soak it all up! Sometimes I do have to remind myself that it's ok to "stop" our daily routine or maybe put the items on our to-do-list on "hold" to take a moment out of life and just sit back and enjoy. This is probably one of my favorite things to do with the kids. Most of the time it is last minute but that's what is most exciting!



After Nora and I picked Nolan up at school, we went home for a quick lunch. I told them I had a special afternoon planned for them...I just love how excited the kids get when I mention "special." We drove out to the Apple Barn to pick out pumpkins (a week before Halloween, a little late but at least there wasn't a crowd!) and get a pumpkin treat from their bakery. After our bellys were full and the apple cider slushy was gone, we were off to Washington Park. It has been so nice to have the park that close since we've moved. The kids love it and I love the convince of it. We played...and we played...and we played! It was so nice to have just my car keys and the tablet in my hand to take some pics (phone in the car=my full attention and no diaper bag needed!) I even let them take a later nap that afternoon because we had such a blast! There was another mom watching her daughter play and we both mentioned that the kids had the park to themselves (probably because it was nap time) and she told me that she was off from work today also and didn't mind her daughter straying away from her schedule...she read my mind! Ryan and I had both been busy with work and the house so it was great to take a time out. Love these moments in life!






No comments:

Post a Comment